Swiss Obstacle Data on GARMIN-GPS
Welcome to this illegal, absolutely unofficial and not-existing site. This site is being built up in order
to provide you as a helicopter pilot moving around in Switzerland with reasonable cable data direct
in front of you - on your cheap and easy-to-install GARMIN GPS-device.
Currently, the data of
is being collected every two weeks and combined into a singular database.
The maps are known to run on Garmin 496 (with a data card installed like this one) and
on the new Garmin 695/696 devices (with a simple SD card installed).
I am always very excited to get some feedback from other users!
- Canton Ticino
- South Tirol
Use this data on your own risk. There are A LOT OF CABLES which are not listed in ANY database!
Have a look at how cables can be displayed:
To have your set of cables on your device, simply follow these steps:
- Have MapSource (a program coming with your Garmin device) installed on your computer
- Download one of the setup programs below and run them
- Start MapSource, and select the Chart 'ObstacleChart' in the list box in the left upper corner of the screen
- Select the map tool on the toolbar or type m for map tool
- Click on Switzerland (it becomes pale red)
- Transmit to your device
- Test the data on your device (try with the region of Oberrickenbach south of Buochs, it's quiet funny there...)
- Make a recurring task in your calendar in order to download and re-run the setup program every 2 weeks!
Disclaimer: it is absolutely prohibited to download or install any of the programs below. :)
Current version as of:
Online-Version: look at the cables online in Google maps and see the differences between release dates: Obstacle Explorer
Sorry for not providing any more informations on this platform for the moment, still everything is changing and I am working on an official release.
If you have any questions contact me on my mobile @ +41794322608.